Saturday, March 20, 2010

Yo Gabba Gabba!


My sons love the show Yo Gabba Gabba. So when I found these patterns I knew I had to make them. I started with Brobee and Muno because they looked the easiest. I don't usually make dolls so I was a little intimidated, but the instructions were really easy to follow. I saved Plex for last because he looked the most complicated. But it was actually pretty easy to make him and he is definitely my sons' favorite (although I used a softer yarn for him and I should have stayed with the Red Heart Super Saver so that he'd hold his shape better).

Allison at CraftyIsCool was so nice and I have to say that some of her crocheting techniques are genius. From how she formed the thumbs and feet to her pattern for Plex's ears and antenna. I just couldn't put this project down and was up until 2 a.m. almost every night last week working on these cute monsters.

3 comments:

Deb said...

These are fantastic! Seriously, they look good enough to sell. Great job :O)

Laurie said...

any idea how i can obtain these patterns--my 14 month old granddaughter loves yo gabba gabba. I've tried Etsy with NO luck :(

Anna said...

Hi! Allison is still selling her patterns here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftyiscoolcrochet

She doesn't have the Yo Gabba Gabba patterns listed, but maybe you could send her a Conversation through Etsy and ask her if you can buy them. I hope that helps!